AMETEK, Inc. is a $4.7B global diversified manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics, and have 17,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
Controls Southeast Incorporated (CSI) is part of the Thermal Process Management (TPM) business unit with Ametek. CSI helps customers solve problems in the chemical, petrochemical, and processing industries with engineered thermal maintenance systems and specialty fabrication. Around the world, we are known for the high quality of our work. With each project, we strive to create a great customer experience.
What you will do as a Continuous Improvement Engineer:
The Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for Operational Excellence integrating Lean/Continuous improvement into day-to-day operations and drive improvement by providing training, tools, data, and leadership to the site. The Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for all site Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance and programs, as well as maintaining and improving ISO systems and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Continuous Improvement Engineer:
• Champions Safety Site-wide, driving improvements and safety-first culture.
• Collaborates with Operations on all forms of continuous improvement projects, aimed directly at improving efficiencies, reducing waste and low-value activities, improving productivity.
• Employee Engagement – Develop team’s ability to solve their short-term and long-term operational issues by establishing, and leading, the continuous improvement process and culture. Will be responsible for the hands-on design and implementation of specific projects.
• Support and assist management, and plant supervisors, in implementing cost optimization tools; including, but not limited to Lean, Six Sigma, High Performance Work Teams, etc.
• Apply process improvement tools to identify measurable standards to improve business capabilities (Safety/Quality/Productivity): specifically, Lean tools and methodology to improve process capability and eliminate defects, as well as tools and principles to eliminate waste and create visual controls.
• Oversee cost optimization projects, including project identification, prioritization, and selection, tracking project results, monitoring project progress, and reporting on progress.
• Ensure site wide EHS compliance and administer corresponding programs.
• Develop and manage internal auditing program to assure compliance with procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Reviews, communicates, and leads cross-functional site teams on investigations related to safety hazards and/or environmental issues. Assures corrective and preventative actions are successfully implemented.
CSI offers our team a great opportunity to make an impact at an decentralized organization that has a small company feel, but large global company resources. We are passionate about building a winning organization, increasing the knowledge or our teams, and empowering our people and creating long term careers.
Education and/or Experience
• 2 to 4 years of related experience as in engineering preferably with industrial and/or manufacturing applications
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or related
• Accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher
• Previous experience communicating technical concepts with client and ability generate good dialogue with clients and with team members
• Ability to quickly adapt approach and style when working with customers and team members
• Ability to complete calculations such as area, circumference, unit conversions, and simple financial calculations such as gross margin
• Ability to self-manage time and workload, work independently
• Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to properly prioritize tasks and work under pressure
• Ability to adapt to different personality styles
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.