|July 15, 2021
||Project Engineering CO-OP/Internship at Livent
LIVENT's Technical Engineering Development Program is designed to develop the next generation of engineering leaders and technical subject matter experts in our organization. Through the program, the individuals will complete core fundamental training and reinforce learnings through the execution of assigned projects. Program participants will have the opportunity to develop fundamental skills in the areas of project engineering and construction management including engineering design principles, progress/cost and schedule development and tracking, engineering design and construction work processes/techniques, continuous improvement initiatives, team building, project safety management and overall execution of design and construction projects.
The duration of the program is approximately one or two 6-month assignments. The ideal candidate will be based out of our Bessemer City, NC location and will be available to travel to additional Livent locations as may be necessary from time to time to carry out the duties of the role. LIVENT would prefer candidates with at least two (2) full school years completed and one (1) completed co-op assignment.
- Be a participating member in a construction management group assigned to an active construction project. Report to Livent Project Manager and be mentored and trained by the Livent Construction Manager (CM) and Field Engineering/Project Controls Manager.
- Assist CM team with managing and overseeing all elements of construction quality (QA/QC).
- Conduct weekly walk-downs to track and assess the level of construction completeness and assist the CM team in determining project progress relative to schedule.
- Work with contractors to assess schedule recovery plans to assure projects are executed as quickly as possible.
- Learn how to perform and execute behavior safety sampling on the construction site and assist the CM team in managing the overall site safety program relative to safe work behaviors and practices. Track and monitor all data and statistics needed to run a “zero injury” construction project.
- Support and assist with document management on an active project site. Work with Engineers and contractors to maintain current and accurate documentation and interface with plant operations and maintenance to develop, maintain and turn over the required documents required to operate and maintain the finished project facility.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply data-based decision-making.
- 2nd or 3rd rotation Co-op/internship students majoring in either Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Two academic years of study completed
- Candidates must be willing to travel as required by the program